6.5.08

You might need to update your WMV codec.



Grrrr! Why won't my WMV convert!!

Ok! So I got a little frustrated this weekend, I was trying to convert a WMV file to an AVI to play on a DIVX player. I soon realized that a new WMV Codec 9 is out there and I needed to update the codec on my machine. So all you XP users that might want to do a WMV decode or encode!

Windows Media Video 9 VCM
This Video Compression Manager (VCM) based version of the Windows Media Video 9 encoder/decoder will enable legacy encoding and editing applications to support the Windows Media Video 9 codec in file containers such as AVI

Go here to get the Download.
  • In Select Download dropdown choose Codecs Installation Packages
  • In Select Version dropdown choose For Windows Media Video 9 VCM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Legal - Using Software found here - to make or distribute copies of CopyRight material is strictly prohibited. Making a copy of something you own to play on your own media player is with in your own right