21.1.08

Is it the Apple Time Capsule or a waste of time?

It's really up to you! You might find it a waste of money. It a welcomed idea for me.

Why?

The other day, I was sitting around chatting with a friend about how I wanted to put a large external drive mounted on my electrical panel and hook it up to my wifi router to make it accessible to the laptops in my house. The day after the Macworld keynote speech we sat there and kind of snickered about how the timing of the Time Capsule announcement was so close to our conversation.

Now what makes having a wifi enabled external drive so handy, for one thing, backups! I’ve had a few near misses the last few months with losing a large amount of photos. I guess it’s the things that can’t be replaced that are so important not to lose. So the Time Capsule is here! Its two models allow you to have 500GB or 1000GB available for backing up pictures, movie clips. The things that if you lost you would never be able to replace.

I was also thinking that the time capsule will some day make a great storage option for the apple TV. Both have N wifi wireless and Apple TV now pulls from multiple data sources. This makes the extra storage handy to use as a data stream source.
Even though a data copy software will be needed for the Microsoft OS, I’m still extremely happy about this! The announcement wasn't a WOW! Factor at Macworld this year, but its still a welcome tool for many, many people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Legal - Using Software found here - to make or distribute copies of CopyRight material is strictly prohibited. Making a copy of something you own to play on your own media player is with in your own right